As a way to get to know our clients better, here are some insights, in their own words.
Lisa’s Top 5 Most Important Moments in 2014
1. Singing with EG Kight. Any time I get to sing with The Georgia Songbird, that’s an important moment for me.
2. Making artistic improvements with watercolor are precious moments to me. I had a few this year.
3. My new CD BELLE OF THE BLUES was nominated for a Blues Blast Music Award. I didn’t win, but we had a great time playing on the show, and it was inspiring to hear everyone play.
4. I had a magic moment this year when I heard my mother’s voice on a 78 rpm record. It was recorded in 1947 when she was just 23 years old, a song she wrote called “Crying Over You.”
5. Training for and completing a 200 mile bicycle trip from Key Largo to Key West, and back!
EG’s Top 5 Most Important Moments in 2014
1. Being nominated for the Blues Music Awards Koko Taylor award is definitely a Top 5 life-changer for me!
2. Being named by AXS.com as one of the Top 5 Blues artists of the year is an incredible honor.
3. Having my photograph chosen for the cover of a novel about Robert Johnson is something I never expected, and I was thrilled when I got a copy of the book in the mail.
4. Releasing my 8th blues album, A NEW DAY, one that I wasn’t sure I’d ever get to make, after being sick with encephalitis and meningitis, was a very huge accomplishment.
5. Reading all the reviews, and getting email and facebook posts from my fans, telling me how much they love the new music always lifts me up.
Missy’s Top 5 Most Important Moments in 2014
1. Putting the film in the can in Maui on what is to be a PBS special on children healing from divorce, narrated by Larry King.
2. Presenting to the Middle Tennessee clergy in September on Soul Wounds.
3. Having a grandbaby… my first!
4. Teaching at the VA in Nashville on the Heroic Journey of Returning Home From War.
5. Traveling and teaching in 100 cities to many thousands of attendees.